The company has established itself over many decades as one of the world’s leading specialists for industrial drying and mixing of food and food additives. The Döhler Group has been the majority shareholder with 90 per cent of the shares in MOLDA AG since May 2015. As a result of the recently completed acquisition of the remaining 10 per cent of the free-floating shares, the former MOLDA AG has now become a 100% Döhler Group subsidiary.
With the integration of the dry ingredient specialist MOLDA into the globally active corporation, Döhler brings together substantial expertise for the food and beverage industry under one roof: customers will receive dry and liquid ingredient solutions from a single source in future. By expanding its portfolio of natural dry ingredients and dry systems, Döhler is also strengthening its competences for natural ingredients and ingredient systems – in particular for the food industry. The premium portfolio ranges from freeze-dried fruits, fruit granulates, fruit pieces and fruit powders to innovative powder solutions for beverages, individual bakery and pastry mixes up to a wide variety of milk and fat-based ingredients and high-quality speciality products such as red wine and honey powder. The centre of expertise for drying technologies is being further expanded under the leadership of the two Managing Directors, Ulrich Kühle and Michael Ulrich. “Products from Molda – from now on Döhler Dahlenburg GmbH – represent 100% naturalness, sustainability and outstanding multi-sensory properties. With this high quality standard, the portfolio adapts seamlessly to Döhler’s product world. Döhler Dahlenburg is an essential part of the Döhler portfolio when it comes to providing comprehensive ingredient solutions to the food industry,” says Ulrich Kühle. Michael Ulrich adds, “We will invest heavily in capacity expansion measures and new technologies at the Dahlenburg site over the next few years.”
Döhler is a global producer, marketer and provider of technology-based natural ingredients, ingredient systems and integrated solutions for the food and beverage industry. Döhler’s integrated approach and the broad product portfolio are the optimal basis for innovative and safe food & beverage applications. The product portfolio of natural ingredients ranges from flavours, colours, health & nutrition ingredients, cereal ingredients, dairy ingredients, speciality ingredients, dry ingredients and fruit & vegetable ingredients to ingredient systems.
Headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany, Döhler is active in over 130 countries and has 30 production sites, as well as sales offices and application centres on every continent. More than 5,000 dedicated employees provide our customers with fully integrated food & beverage solutions from concept to realisation.
“WE BRING IDEAS TO LIFE.” briefly describes Döhler’s holistic, strategic and entrepreneurial approach to innovation. This comprises market intelligence, trend monitoring, the development of innovative products and product applications, advice on food safety and microbiology, food law as well as Sensory & Consumer Science.