Across the range and across the world, the soft drinks, energy drinks, sports drinks or RTD coffee drinks beverage market has been showing consistent growth. This trend is expected to continue in the coming years, which means that the industry will be challenged to pick up on current and emerging trends and respond quickly to consumer wishes. As well as new and innovative flavours, consumers worldwide are increasingly looking for more healthy, reduced sugar and plant-based variants of their favourite drinks.
- Professional article: Beverage Trends in Australia & New Zealand | PET Planet, Edition 10-2020 (pdf, 196 KB)
Brown is one of the most important colours in the food industry. It is produced naturally, for example, when baking bread or roasting onions, but also when grilling steaks. The artificial colourings or technological additives which are often used to colour food brown are now less acceptable to consumers, so the market is increasingly researching natural alternatives.
- Professional article: Malt extract – natural, intensive brown tones for innovative products | DEI - Die Ernährungsindustrie, Edition 09-2020 (pdf, 661 KB)
Plant-based products enjoy a double-digit growth over the last years. Although consumers are interested in plant-based foods, they want them to be as close as possible to the sensory properties of traditional products, such as desserts and cheese. Moreover, they expect them to provide functional added value.
Döhler provides a wide range of natural ingredients that are the ideal basis for developing a variety of plant-based cheese applications.
- Professional article: Next generation cheese: plant-based, delicious and healthy added value | Source: Die Molkereiindustrie Edition 08 2020 (pdf, 188 KB)
Products need to be consumable at any time, taste good, provide added value for both body and soul, offer something special and stand out from the mainstream. Consumers also demand that raw materials are grown sustainably, that processing and product packaging are conducted sustainably, and that social standards are adhered to. Which trends can be expected for 2020 in light of this development, and how can manufacturers successfully comply with these complex market requirements?
- Döhler Trend article 2020 (pdf, 285 KB)
There are more and more concepts for wine and spirits without alcohol. Therefore, innovative drinks such as brewed soda or crafted lemonades stir up the market. These beverages are made with natural ingredients, have an authentic bitter taste profile and fewer calories compared to classic soft drinks. In addition to a comprehensive ingredient portfolio, Döhler offers their customers innovative product concepts that play a pioneering role in changing market conditions.
- Professional article: Future market: natural enjoyment without alcohol | Source: Die Kleinbrennerei | Edition: 07/2020 (pdf, 152 KB)
A changing lifestyle and a growing consumer demand for beverages with functional added value have driven the energy drink market forward over the past few years. Consumers are looking for an energy kick to give them the strength to deal with their ever more stressful daily lives. Döhler is familiar with the trends and requirements of the various markets and provides their customers with new product solutions and inspiring ideas for innovative energy drinks.
- Professional article: Energy Drinks - a booming market | DEI - Die Ernährungsindustrie, Edition 06-2020 (pdf, 263 KB)
The first perceivable property of a product is its colour. Black-coloured food are real eye-catchers. They are not only taking over Instagram, but are also increasingly popular in supermarkets. In light of this, Döhler offers a wide range of integrated natural colour solutions, including the current trend colour black.
- Professional article: Black – a colourful future | Source: Food Marketing & Technology, Edition 04 - 2020 (pdf, 494 KB)
Everybody is talking about sugar reduction – the discussion covers topcis such as refreshing lemonades, light fruit splashes and many more exciting beverage concepts.
Döhler provides the food and beverage industry with an extensive portfolio of various sweetening solutions. They represent the ideal basis for the development of innovative trend products, thereby fully satisfying the needs of nutrition-conscious consumers.
- Professional article: Sugar-reduced beverage concepts | DEI - Die Ernährungsindustrie, Edition 11-2019 (pdf, 383 KB)
Increasing numbers of consumers are rethinking their diet habits: food should no longer just taste good, but should also provide healthy added value. Döhler provides the food and beverage industry with an innovative portfolio of natural, plant-based and functional ingredients. As healthy as they are tasty, these ingredients are the ideal foundation for developing trendy products in line with the spirit of the times.
- Professional article: Natural, diverse and strictly plant-based Indulgent nutrition with healthy added value | DEI - Die Ernährungsindustrie, 09-2019 (pdf, 247 KB)
Besides an outstanding multi-sensory experience, the crucial criteria in consumers’ purchasing decisions also include naturalness and healthy added value. With its wide range of Dry Fruit & Vegetable Ingredients, Botanical Extracts and Plant-based Ingredients, Döhler offers high-quality natural ingredients, ingredient systems and integrated solutions for the new age of snacking.
- Professional article: The next generation of innovative snacks | Marketing & Food Technology, 05-2019 (pdf, 254 KB)
The Fraunhofer ICT-IMM Institute and Döhler are collaborating in the development of a new microbiological detection method based on microfluidics.
Optimised culture media for PCR detection
- [Translate to Englisch:] Pressemitteilung NBB®-PCR Bouillon (pdf, 66 KB)
- Image NBB®-PCR Bouillon (jpg, 145 KB)
Efficient and reliable detection of beer spoiling microorganisms in just an hour!
- [Translate to Englisch:] Pressemitteilung DMD® Screen & Ident Kits (pdf, 62 KB)
- Image DMD® Screen & Ident Kits (jpg, 201 KB)
The former MOLDA AG changed its company name to Döhler Dahlenburg GmbH in March 2016.
The easy way to reliable beer quality for craft and microbreweries
Individual refreshment on the go! Döhler launches “Liquid Food & Beverage Enhancers” product concepts